What is “surveillance capitalism” and how can we cook it?
Is the commons society really putting hope into practice?
Are artificial volcanoes going to stop global warming?
Elevate #10 inspires and explores such unpredictable, interconnected questions, helping us creatively respond to a world evolving under crisis.
This is the tenth edition of Elevate, an international festival of music, arts and political discourse held every year in Graz, Austria.
We hear from more than forty experienced thinkers, artists and activists, including: Amy Goodman (DemocracyNow!), Antonino D'Ambrosio (Let Fury Have The Hour), John Holloway (Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla) and Shoshana Zuboff (Harvard Business School).
Whether through Hopeability, Creative-Response or L.O.V.E, the message is clear: We all need to Elevate.
What you will get:
Over 50,000 words of views and analysis from sociologists, politicians, economists, musicians, film-makers and countless others on everything from the state of our democracy to the state of our farms and our creativity.
In PDF, EPUB and HTML formats.
- Think Crisis, Think Hope with John Holloway
- Elevate Democracy with Birgitta Jónsdóttir (Icelandic Pirate Party MP)
- Elevate Socio-Ecological Transformation with Pat Mooney (ETC Group)
- Creative Response/Ability with Antonino D'Ambrosio and Ursula Rucker
- Research for Transition with Michel Bauwens (P2P Foundation)
- Everything is Connected with Amy Goodman and Nafeez Ahmed (Crisis of Civilisation)
- A Million Things You Can Do
... plus much, much more and many, many others!
What is Pay What You Want?
It's just that! Pay any price you feel this work is worth. It has taken me, the author, two months to create this book, from start to finish, working full time. It goes without saying that I can't carry on doing this sort of thing without support from lovely people like you :)
I appreciate anything you can give, but if you're not sure and want to try the book for free, I understand that too!